Today, we released Blast Box firmware 2.1.1, which includes a critical update.
You must update before May 18th – otherwise, you will no longer be able to update to any new firmware versions after that.
Don’t fret though, updating takes about 2 minutes and then you’re good to go! Just follow the steps below.
How to update your firmware:
- Download the latest version of the Blast Radio app here
- Put Blast Box in setup mode*
- Go to your profile in the Blast Radio app
- Tap the gear icon on the top right to access ‘Settings’
- Tap ‘Account’
- Tap ‘Update Firmware’
* To put Blast Box in setup mode, hold the red button to turn it off, then hold it again to turn it back on. Continue holding it until the device says ‘Setup Mode’
* While updating, your Blast Box will display “FW Update” pulsing on the screen. If the text does NOT pulse or stops pulsing, the update has frozen and will not complete. If this happens, restart the process by long pressing the red button to turn off the device and again to turn it on again in setup mode.
* The device may not show any error messages if it abandons the update, so make sure to check that the firmware displays “2.1.1” on startup to confirm that you have successfully updated the firmware. Otherwise, reattempt.
Follow Blast for Creators on Instagram for more helpful broadcaster tips and updates.