We're constantly working to improve the Blast Radio app and the Blast Box device. We just released Blast Box firmware 1.1 with lots of feature updates based on artist feedback.
Improvements in firmware 1.1:
Connectivity: Improvements to regional connectivity for more consistent streams (note: we’re still working on a larger firmware update for later this summer, which will have additional significant improvements)
“Pair mode” is now “Setup Mode” - it’s the same process to pair just with a different name
When Blast Box is on, but you haven’t started broadcasting, it will now say Ready instead of Live. It will change to Live after you start broadcasting.
Battery gauge accessed by pressing grey button on Blast Box now has a flashing battery indicator to show the device is charging (only appears when device is turned on)
Levels are now more accurate to give you a better indication if you’re clipping
Wifi indicator accessed by pressing grey button on Blast Box - now reflects actual strength of wifi through number of bars shown (previously was a binary ‘wifi connected’ with full bars or ‘wifi not connected’ with no bars.
How to update your firmware:
- First make sure you have the latest version of the Blast Radio app by going to the app store and checking for any updates / installing
- Put Blast Box in pair mode (hold the red button to turn it off, then hold it again to turn it back on, but continue holding it until the device says ‘pair mode’)
- Go to your profile in the Blast Radio app
- Tap the gear icon on the top right to access ‘settings’
- Tap ‘account’
- Tap ‘update firmware’
- To make sure the device doesn’t fail mid-update, you will need a good uninterrupted internet connection. It may take a few attempts to successfully complete the update as a result. We recommend restarting the router and disconnecting other devices before trying.
-While updating, your blast box will display “FW Update” pulsing on the screen. If the text does NOT pulse or stops pulsing, the update has frozen and will not complete. If this happens, you will need to restart the process by long pressing the red button to turn off the device and again to turn it on again in pairing mode.
-The device may not show any error messages if it abandons the update, so make sure to check that the firmware has successfully displays “FW 1.1” on startup to confirm that you have successfully updated the firmware, otherwise reattempt.
Make sure to follow Blast for Creators on Instagram for more helpful broadcaster tips and updates.